Santa Barbara Historical Museum
Classic Santa Barbara in the heart of downtown
Our mission is to inspire meaningful connections to Santa Barbara history.
Founded in 1932, the museum is located in Santa Barbara's historic El Pueblo Viejo district. Through exhibitions, education, research, and publication, the Santa Barbara Historical Museum interprets over 500 years of history with collections from the Chumash, Mexican, Spanish, and American periods.
Entrance to the Museum is currently free to the public. The museum is a popular location for weddings and events, the venue is quintessential Santa Barbara style.
- 36th Annual Amethyst Ball - A Great Gatsby Getaway
Friday, Sep 29, 2023 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
136 E De La Guerra St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone: (805) 966-1601
Check our website for up to date hours
Arts & Culture
- Summer Solstice Celebration (624 feet NW)
- Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation123 E Canon Perdido St (632 feet NW)
- Lobero Theatre33 E Canon Perdido St (683 feet W)
- James Main Fine Art27 E De La Guerra St (724 feet SW)
Wine & Dine
- Three Pickles126 E. Canon Perdido Street (419 feet NW)
- Frequency Wine804 Anacapa St (464 feet SW)
- Rudy's138 E. Canon Perdido Street (475 feet NW)
- Intermezzo813 Anacapa Street (524 feet SW)
Shop & Stroll
- Beads137 East de la Guerra Street (128 feet NW)
- Architectural Antique & Salvage Co.726 Anacapa St (594 feet S)
- Elizabeth Vallino Interiors726 Anacapa St (594 feet S)
- The Polar Bear726 Anacapa St (594 feet S)
Stay & Play
- Santa Barbara BCycle218 E Cota St (0.2 miles SE)
- The House of Clues601 State St (0.3 miles S)
- Drift Hotel524 State St (0.3 miles SE)
- Santa Barbara Travel Bureau1028 State St (0.3 miles W)