With more than 1400 businesses located in Downtown Santa Barbara, there are many opportunities to work here. See employment opportunities listed below.
POSITION TITLE: Special Events and Programming Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Downtown Santa Barbara (DSB) Special Events and Programming Manager will oversee and organize events and programming that will further the brand of downtown Santa Barbara and create economic impact. The Events and Programming Manager is a full-time position and is supervised by and reports to the Executive Director.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Manages and implements DSBS special events and programs, specifically, but not limited to, the following: 1st Thursday, Holiday Parade, Awards Breakfast, LIVE Art & Wine.
• Responsible for creating and launching new events, programs, and promotions aligned to the DSB Strategic Goals and members’ needs.
• Manages DSB district promotions and events and acts as a primary liaison between district, event sub-contractors, DSB, and any other necessary entities.
• Supports partner events with key logistics which many include facilitating connections between event organizers and businesses and producing components of events.
• Manage the logistics and programming including planning, permitting, entertainment, execution and debrief.
• Develop detailed event budgets and manage expenses to ensure that financial performance meets or exceeds projections.
• Hires, retains, and manages professional sub-contractors, consultants, event-suppliers, interns, and partners when needed to accomplish these objectives.
• Prepare and distribute special event business and community surveys and notices (pre and post event) when necessary or needed.
• Develops and manages a volunteer program for DSB.
• Oversees the management of inventory and storage of event production supplies.
• Assist Marketing Manager with promotional outreach activities at non-DSB events.
• Manages and track major events in downtown Santa Barbara and maintain DSB event calendar.
• Ability to prepare press releases and coordinate with media outlets helpful, but not required.
• Attends DSB meetings as necessary.
• Availability on evenings and weekends required during events.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience in event management.
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
• A knack for problem-solving and on-the-spot decision making during events
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills with ability to distill conversations into concrete plans.
• Strategic-minded and process-oriented with ability to effectively manage new ways of work.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude, sense of humor and customer-service orientation.
• Demonstrated passion for the mission of DSB and its events.
The Events and Promotions Manager is an exempt employee and salary range is negotiable. Compensation package includes medical, dental and vision benefits. Vacation, sick days, and monthly parking pass are also included.
How To Apply