With more than 1400 businesses located in Downtown Santa Barbara, there are many opportunities to work here. See employment opportunities listed below.
Institution Ale Co. in SantaBarbara is looking for a dishwasher. We have part-time and full-time positions available. We're looking for friendly, hardworking, motivated people, who want to join our team and work in a fun and fast-paced environment. Earn over $19.00/hr! (Must be 21+ to apply)
What we offer:
Hourly pay plus tips
Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits for full-time employees (30+ hrs/week)
Opportunity for growth and advancement
Merchandise and product discounts
Dishwasher Job Responsibilities:
- Must be 21+
-Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes, and sorts soiled dishes. Keeps the dish area free of clutter and organized.
-Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks.
-Maintains clean/dry floors throughout the shift.
-Properly washes, stacks, and stores glassware, cookware, and storage containers.
-Maintains the dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves.
-Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties.
-Assists in food prep and any other duties set forth or requested by the kitchen manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $19.00 per hour
Phone# (805) 482-3777
The Black Sheep Restaurant... A farm to table driven, gastropub inspired dining experience. Where good people come to celebrate delicious food and create lasting memories.
Looking for a skilled Server, who is passionate about good food, wine, and creating a memorable dining experience. Fine dining knowledge is a plus, but not required.
The Black Sheep Restaurant provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
Phone# (805) 965-1113
Now hiring for Bussers/Barbacks here at Baja Sharkeez. We are looking to add some highly talented, and amazing people to our staff. If you have worked in the service industry before, or just want to see if this is the right fit then we definitely want to hear from you. Located in Santa Barbara, Baja Sharkeez is a very well-known restaurant, bar and destination spot.
We hold OPEN INTERVIEWS every tuesday from 5pm to 6pm! Join us, and bring your resume as well.
Candidates must have open availability, weekends are a must
No experience necessary, depending on position applying for.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Positions include: BUSSERS / BARBACKS / FOOD RUNNERS
If you think you have what it takes then make sure to apply. Please message s for any questions and/or resume submissions. Someone will be in touch once your resume has been reviewed to set up a possible interview.
Also, please specify which position you are applying for.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $20.00 per hour
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We are following all state mandated safety regulations at our restaurant and with all of our employees.
OPPI’Z is hiring now!
To support the continuous growth of the business maintaining the exceptional service level we offer to our guests, we are expanding the fantastic team of our Italian Bistro and Gourmet Pizza on State Street in Santa Barbara, both in the kitchen and in the front of the house.
We are currently seeking:
Line Cooks and Pizza Preparation Cooks.
Applicants should have at least 2 years of experience; previous experience in any Italian Restaurant or Pizzeria will be a plus.
Salary up to $20/hr and more is commensurate with skills and experience.
Waiters/waitresses, hostesses, and bussers.
we are currently looking for highly enthusiastic and motivated candidates, fluent in English, while the knowledge of Spanish and basic Italian will be really appreciated.
At least 1-year of experience is requested for the waiter/waitress position.
Salary is $13/hr plus tips.
For all positions candidates must be able to show stable work history and be
available on weekdays, on holidays, late evenings, weekends, and for special events, as required.
Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
--Resume or list of experience
--Availability (hours, days available to work)
--Pay history & requirements
Status: Exempt, Full time (40 hours/week)
Posted: April 12, 2021
Applications Due: Until position is filled
About the Community Environmental Council:
CEC is a fast-paced nonprofit based in Santa Barbara and serving the California Central Coast, with a reputation for positive social change and community engagement. Since 1970, CEC has been a leader in creative solutions to tough environmental problems. The CEC team is a highly committed and energetic group, with an internal culture that values collaboration, ongoing learning, and innovation.
With its current focus in the tri-county region to promote rapid and equitable solutions to the climate crisis, CEC is known for organizing the Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival, advancing 100% renewable energy goals, and developing campaigns to #gosolar, #driveless, #driveclean #ditchplastic, and #rethinkfood. CEC’s primary objectives are to: 1) Achieve zero carbon communities; 2) Promote nature-based solutions to draw down excess carbon emissions; and 3) Protect against unavoidable climate impacts. Visit www.CECSB.org and www.facebook.com/cecsb to learn more about our work and history.
About the Position:
CEC is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to lead CEC’s fund development strategy and implementation. This position is a key part of the leadership team of a growing organization, and will oversee existing staff and consultants. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic environment with many moving parts and will have the ability to take initiative to create new processes that strengthen CEC’s fundraising systems.
Primary responsibilities include managing and executing fundraising efforts to meet CEC’s 50th Anniversary Campaign and annual fund targets for major gifts, board and leadership gifts, corporate giving, special events, and unrestricted grants. This position is a key strategic member of the CEC management team and the 50th Anniversary Campaign Committee.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
CEC is in the early stages of an exciting $12 million Anniversary Campaign with the goal of $7 million in cash gifts and $5 million in planned legacy gifts. Our intention is to use the two-year campaign to strengthen ongoing support of CEC’s annual fund, doubling unrestricted giving over the next five years. The Director of Development will lead this growth and is supported by campaign consult Netzel Grigsby Associates, active Campaign Co-chairs, an established campaign Steering Committee and various subcommittees, a Development Associate, a full-service internal Communications Team, and the CEC Board of Directors (Board), including the Board Development Committee.
Specific job functions and responsibilities include:
Set Strategy and Establish Plans:
• Working with the 50th Anniversary Campaign leadership team, help set and implement the strategy for the campaign
• Be a strategic participant in campaign meetings including regular Steering Committee and subcommittee meetings (Legacy, Board, President's Council and Major Gifts)
• Work with the CEO and Board to set long-term strategic development goals and create an annual development plan with monetary targets to reach them
• Establish a monthly calendar of development activities, including regular donor/prospect events and communication
• Grow individual and corporate giving by identifying, researching, and creating engagement plans for prospect donors
• In conjunction with the CEC Board:
o Lead quarterly Board Development Committee meetings
o Regularly review/track progress and strategize together to meet targets
o Set all meetings with the Board, President's Council, and Partnership Council to identify prospects and develop strategies for engagement
Lead Implementation of Fundraising Plans:
• Lead the campaign implementation and timeline established by Netzel Grigsby Associates with the support of campaign volunteers
• Execute fundraising through major gifts, leadership match, mail and online solicitations, corporate giving, foundation giving, and events
• Working with an Events Committee and contracted events coordinator, lead execution of the annual Green Gala by managing event collateral, live auction, volunteer outreach, timelines and budget
• Establish personal relationships with major donors and prospects through regular personalized communication
• With the support of the Development Associate, implement intentional donor stewardship through an effective Moves Management system
• Make “asks” or be part of an "ask team" when appropriate
• Expand donor recognition and appreciation
• Track cash and planned giving as secured
• Report progress bi-weekly by segment, and tie out monthly with CEC's Finance Department
Support and Engage with Other Teams:
• Provide general support to staff or contracted grant writers as needed on grant applications and other restricted program fundraising efforts
• Provide general support to the Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival production team to secure corporate sponsorships
• In collaboration with the Communications Team:
o Attend weekly meeting to strategize, review, and implement marketing and development activities
o Guide the communications team in the creation of bold, attractive collateral to support CEC's development plan
o Weave a development aspect into general CEC communications activities
• Participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly management team meetings, and monthly Board meetings
• Supervise Development Associate, including holding weekly check-ins to review work plan, progress and identify support needs
• Maintain the department budget and track expenses
• Represent CEC at public events
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• Aptitude with Microsoft Office Suite
• Aptitude with Google Suite
• Aptitude with Salesforce or other CRM
• Possess strong interpersonal and writing skills
• Possess excellent organizational skills
• Commitment to CEC’s mission and programs
Job Status and Compensation:
• Reports to the CEO
• Part of CEC’s Development Team and a key member of CEC’s Management Team
• 40 hours/week
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Exempt position
• Benefits include:
o Two weeks of paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and an additional paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
o Health, dental and life insurance
o Optional retirement plan with employer match up to 3% of salary (after a qualifying period)
• Somewhat flexible hours, may include some evenings and weekends
• Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely on PDT hours until restrictions are lifted. Beyond that, this full-time position will be based out of our office in Santa Barbara, California
How To Apply
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume (pdf or link) with an email subject line that indicates Director of Development Application to:
Assistant to the Executive Director
CEC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on gender identity, sexual orientation, race, nationality, or physical ability.