Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
Mission Statement: To conserve California native plants and habitats for the health and well-being of people and the planet.
As the first botanic garden to focus exclusively on native plants, the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden has dedicated nearly a century of work to better understand the relationship between plants and people. Growing from 13 acres in 1926 to today’s 78 acres, the grounds now include more than 5 miles of walking trails, an herbarium, seed bank, research labs, library, and a public native plant nursery. Amid the serene beauty of the Garden, teams of scientists, educators, and horticulturists remain committed to the original spirit of the organization’s founders – conserve CA native plants and habitats to ensure they can be enjoyed for generations to come.
The garden is open to the public daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and offers a members-only hour 9-10 a.m. For more information, visit sbbg.org.
1212 Mission Canyon Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Phone: (805) 682-4726
Arts & Culture
- Santa Barbara Bowl1122 N. Milpas (1.9 miles SE)
- Kindermusik With Kathy33 E Micheltorena St (2.2 miles S)
- Belly Dance with Alexandra King11 W Arrellaga St (2.2 miles S)
- PVAC Performing and Visual Arts Camp21 E Sola St (2.2 miles S)
Wine & Dine
- Crushcakes & Café1315 Anacapa St (2.2 miles S)
- Renaud's Patisserie & Bistro1324 State St (2.2 miles S)
- South Coast Deli1436 Chapala St (2.3 miles S)
- Carlitos Cafe Y Cantina1324 State St (2.3 miles S)
Shop & Stroll
- Marigold1394 Dover Hill Rd (1.6 miles SE)
- Ralph Sipper/Books10 W Micheltorena St (2.2 miles S)
- Purnell Gear101 E Victoria St (2.2 miles S)
- Achilles Prostethics & Orthotics Inc1435 State St (2.2 miles S)
Stay & Play
- Simpson House Inn121 E Arrellaga St (2 miles S)
- Cheshire Cat Inn36 W Valerio St (2.1 miles S)
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara1601 State St (2.1 miles S)
- Open Air Bicycles1303 State St (2.3 miles S)