It’s true – membership has its privileges! Downtown Santa Barbara members (by virtue of their address bound by Anacapa, Chapala, Micheltorena, and Gutierrez Streets), are located squarely on one of America’s Great Streets– State Street, and are automatically our members. Dues, or assessments, are collected as part of the City’s annual business license. These fees are used to promote, market, produce events and provide decorations that benefit our members.
Strolling State Street is the #1 reason people visit the Santa Barbara region, and we strive to deliver unique events to locals and visitors alike, such as the Annual Downtown Santa Barbara Holiday Parade (since 1952), the award-winning monthly art walk, 1st Thursday (since 2007), and the beloved Downtown Art & Wine Tour (since 1999).
Members are encouraged to participate in these and other events throughout the year, including décor contests, art and cultural events, and retail/restaurant promotions. DSB is proud to represent its members at City Hall, and we work closely with the SB Police Department all in an effort to deliver great benefits to our membership.
- Listing your business on our website www.downtownsb.org. Populate your own business page and link to your website. Inclusion in our online Calendar of Events and Social Media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Our monthly newsletter Plazas & Paseos and an introduction in the “Buzz” section.
- Twice-a-year Member Mixers that offer networking with other downtown businesses and community leaders.
- Opportunities to participate in cooperative advertising with the local print media or other marketing ad campaigns, when available.
- Regular opportunities to participate in Downtown SB events and promotions including 1st Thursday, Downtown Art and Wine Tour, Film Feast, epicure.sb, Halloween and Holiday décor contests, Downtown Trick-or-Treat, the Annual Downtown Santa Barbara Holiday Parade and a variety of retail promotions including Small Business Saturday.
- The opportunity to be included in our 2016 Map & Guide, distributed at visitor locations throughout Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, and at several California Welcome Centers. This is the official map used for Cruise Ships and has proven to be the most popular brochure on the MTD Downtown-Waterfront Electric Shuttle, with an estimated annual distribution of over 220,000 maps.
- Exposure through our volunteer programs, the Downtown Hosts and Cruise Ship Hospitality Ambassadors.
- E-blasts to members as needed, regarding: street and highway closures, marketing opportunities, promotions and events.
- Timely response from our staff on issues related to Downtown, such as public safety, public works or planning issues and parking questions.
- The opportunity to get involved with DSB’s monthly committees: Promotions & Marketing, Cultural, and Safety committees.
For businesses geographically located outside our boundaries, there is still the opportunity to receive our services and benefits for a minimal annual fee. Many Santa Barbara companies throughout the region join us to support our vision for a vibrant downtown. For more information about Associate Membership categories, fees and benefits, email Kate or call (805) 962-2098 ext. 802.